So a few weeks ago I decided I was going to be productive and make Christopher a quilt for his arrival. I'm alright with a sewing machine so I figured it shouldn't be too challenging! I just want it to be perfect so I'm taking my time with it.
Here are pictures of the first stage, I planned the back pieces out on paper before cutting them out using a 21cm x 21cm paper pattern that I made out of grease proof paper. This meant 1cm for each seam allowance and I would end up with a metre square quilt. Perfect for a cot or to lay on the floor.
Here are all the squares laid out before I started sewing.
I sewed the squares together as strips, pressing the seams as I went and cutting any long threads to keep it looking neat.
Here are all the strips sewn together and pressed.
It was then ready to be sewn together. I was a little nervous doing this as I wanted to make sure all the squares matched up, but it came together perfectly! (I know I sew backwards)
The finished article. Really happy with it! I have some gorgeous backing material and some lovely thick wadding and am hoping to finish it off today so will have some more pictures for you later this week :)