Pages

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Beauty UK Eyeshadow Palettes - Review and Swatches

My first post! Am very excited to be blogging as it is something that I have wanted to do for a while now. Do get in touch if there is anything in particular you would like to see.

According to their website, “Beauty UK offers affordable, high quality make-up and cosmetics with the latest range of colours and shades to help you achieve your own individual look.”

There are currently six different colour combos available from Beauty UK and at £3.99 for ten shades they definitely have the affordable part right! I purchased the Pastels palette from Superdrug a while ago and to be honest I didn't expect much. I was however pleasantly surprised; the colour payoff is pretty good and they last all day (over an eyeshadow primer). On a recent trip to Superdrug I found myself back at the Beauty UK stand to see what else was on offer. This is when I picked up the Soho Bright palette along with a couple of nail polishes, which I will write about in a later post. Swatches below for both palettes, I have used my own brush as I am not a fan of (read: loathe) the sponge applicators that come with most shadows and shades are applied over a primer.
Pastels
As you can see I've had some use out of these, the tiny mirror is pretty useless though.
Some gorgeous shades, I love the coppers. The baby pink is really sheer and very wearable.
Soho Brights
Love these colours, haven't had much of a chance to wear them yet though. Brights are all over the catwalks for S/S so will be experimenting with these.
The colours are pretty pigmented, especially the pink and purples (not entirely sure why there are two purples so similar).
All in all I think these palettes are lovely, there are four more colour combos and I have my eye on the nudes. For £3.99 you really can't go wrong.
Available from Superdrug or online here.
Jenni xx

No comments:

Post a Comment